Enter the number that has been calling you here:

+ Join in Discussion
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 08451262663 Read this if had calls from 08451262663

Unregistered

08451262663 Read this if had calls from 08451262663

Who is this?

darren

Its Santander looking for outstanding card payments for one of the credit cards they own. It may be a card you have with a different brand name on.

:-)
    7 missed calls = Harrassment

Unregistered

Nuisance calls from Santander

I had a call from this number today, claiming to be Santander and that they had urgent business to discuss, I've been called for the last week from othet numbers claiming to be Santander both on my home and mobile number with the same message. They want to go through some personnel security questions which of course I refuse then offer a number for me to call again to which I refuse as I have no business with Santander, they even say I should go into a branch! Each time I've asked them to write to me but I've recieved nothing. Today I got angry, told them it must be a fraud, they even asked if had had got a letter yet but still tried it on, they said to expect to keep receiving calls until the matter is resolved so I told them If I had anymore calls from them I would report it, the phone was sharply put down.

Taffy_The Valleys
    We are registered to not receive unsolicited calls. This number should not be ringing us.

Unregistered

They are Santander

I paid for a flight last night with my Santander card and they were calling to make sure the purchase was ligit.

PS. I didn't tell the lady on the ohone about the flight. She asked about it and knew the amount.

Unregistered

Cards can be underwritten by Santander

If you have any store cards it could be Santander calling about them. I have a Debenhams card which is underwritten by Santander, so when I missed a payment they called me about it, not Debenhams. It's technically Santander trading under the cover of Deb's. Most major banks do this, just like supermarket loans are underwritten by "proper" insurance companies, and it's to them that you re-pay money which is simply loaned via the supermarket.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I paid for a flight last night with my Santander card and they were calling to make sure the purchase was ligit.

PS. I didn't tell the lady on the ohone about the flight. She asked about it and knew the amount.
    Yes.. but was it this number?.. if it was a different number in your case, your comments are completely irrelevant.

Unregistered

Solution

I've installed phone blocking app on my smartphone - hopefully that will work. They tell me they are santander but on other discussion pages, people say that they are told GE Money and others.

Unregistered
    Don't give them any details and don't respond to missed calls - it just answers and goes silent. Install thephone block app if you can.

+ Join in Discussion

enquiries@nuisancecalls.org.uk

www.nuisancecalls.org.uk

Twitter Facebook

Copyright 2014 The Nuisance Calls Forum

Established 2011

Cookie Policy - Forum Rules