Enter the number that has been calling you here:

+ Join in Discussion
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 08453512293 Halifax Bank? 08453512293

Wolverhampton

08453512293 Halifax Bank? 08453512293

Can you confirm that this number belongs to the Halifax bank

Jo Baxi

We got a call saying it was Halifax also but put phone down as it seemed weird. Could it be a hoaxer?

Ince

Halifax Bank

Its definately genuine. Just spoke to the fraud team on that number regarding my card. It is the Halifax.

S Ferdinand
    We are registered to not receive unsolicited calls. This number should not be ringing us.

Denzil-Luton
    When I answered a call from this number, the line was really crackly. I could not make out what they were saying so I put the phone down and no one rang back.

Unregistered

its 100% a scam, confirmed as a fraud call, just coincides with missed payments FRAUD

Quote Originally Posted by Ince View Post
    Its definately genuine. Just spoke to the fraud team on that number regarding my card. It is the Halifax.
    It is a scam - do not fall for it, you may well have missed a payment on your cc, but that's just co incidence. Halifax do not make outgoing calls in this way

Unregistered

Halifax Bank?

Had a couple of missed calls from this number asking me (automated voice) to ring them back on the same number regarding some irregularities on my Halifax account (no specifics). Answered their third attempt to speak to me today and the same automated voice told me there had been some irregularities on my card ending 3014 and that I needed to key in some personal data such as my date of birth etc before the matter could be resolved. As I don't have a card ending 3014 with anyone I hung up the phone. And I would advise anyone else who gets a similar call to do the same.

Unregistered

Talking Called the bank: it's legitimate - my card had been cloned.

I contacted the Halifax thinking this was a hoax call. They checked the number, confirmed it was legitimate and put me through directly. When I got through to the automated part they read me several transactions and asked me to confirm if they were correct. They weren't - my card was being used in Mexico. I spoke to an operator who cancelled my card and sent me a new one.

Unregistered

Definitely legit just call halifax direct

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I contacted the Halifax thinking this was a hoax call. They checked the number, confirmed it was legitimate and put me through directly. When I got through to the automated part they read me several transactions and asked me to confirm if they were correct. They weren't - my card was being used in Mexico. I spoke to an operator who cancelled my card and sent me a new one.
    legit number call your bank

Unregistered

Angry

I just had a missed call from this number, had an answerphone message quoting the last 4 digits of my old current account card. I say "old" because Halifax called me 5 weeks ago to report 2 fraudulent attempts to use it. They cancelled the card and sent me a new one. I have just called them back, got the automated stuff and was asked to verify one unapproved transaction (for about 250) and one approved transaction from the previous day for nearly 300. Neither transaction was made by me and more worryingly I wonder how they approved a transaction made using a card they said they cancelled weeks ago. I was put in a queue to speak to an operator but after 10 minutes the automated voice apologised for the wait and said they would call me back. Currently waiting....

+ Join in Discussion

enquiries@nuisancecalls.org.uk

www.nuisancecalls.org.uk

Twitter Facebook

Copyright 2014 The Nuisance Calls Forum

Established 2011

Cookie Policy - Forum Rules